Cloud Storage IS Cool
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know what you're thinking. Cloud storage is not that cool, Andrew. Well, if you're a geek like me, it is. I'm going to try my best here to bring you over to the nerd side.
MY TOP REASONS CLOUD STORAGE IS COOL
1. Almost half (49%) of our government agencies store their data in the cloud. That is A LOT of data, and is one of the largest users in the US. Shifting to the cloud has saved them billions and billions of dollars over the years. Also, fun fact, Amazon Web Services scored a big deal with Australia in summer 2019, which has turned that country into one of their biggest accounts.
2. Cloud computing is more cost effective for small and medium sized business versus having an IT department in house. (Sometimes, up to 40 times more!) Plus, businesses usually save about 80% of IT costs through using the cloud.
3. Many of our industry experts believe that 40 zettabytes of data will be in the cloud by this year. How much is that? 40 x 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 bytes. My brain cannot even comprehend that number.
4. The majority of banking business is done in the cloud, and they are the most active users. If banks trust it, you should trust it. Though, if you have money at a bank, you believe in the cloud already - even if you didn't know it.
5. For every 600 new smartphones (or 120 tablets), a new cloud server is added. Cloud babies, everywhere!
6. Almost 85% of data is transferred through cloud services, and 90% of companies are in the cloud. Websites are in the cloud. Social media is in the cloud. Streaming services are in the cloud. It's all in the cloud, my friend.
I could seriously spend an hour as a hypeman for the cloud, but instead, I'll leave you with this meme: